Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15″ Core i7 2.3GHz 8GB RAM 512GB SSD 2012:
- Heralded as the “most advanced Mac ever built,” the officially dubbed “MacBook Pro with Retina Display” models combine a beautiful high-resolution LED-backlit 15.4″ widescreen 2880×1800 (220 ppi) “retina” display with a thin, sleek case design that weighs a bit less than 4.5 pounds (2.02 kg). Curiously, these systems are not branded on the display bezel like earlier MacBook Pro models.
- Somewhat controversially, the Retina Display models also are an essentially “sealed” design with RAM that is soldered in place and cannot be upgraded after purchase, storage that is not intended to be upgraded after purchase, and a battery that cannot be replaced readily even by technical users or third-parties, either.
- This particular model — the MacBook Pro “Core i7” 2.3 15-Inch (Mid-2012 Retina Display) features a 22 nm “Ivy Bridge” 2.3 GHz Intel “Core i7” processor (3615QM), with four independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (which cannot be upgraded after purchase), 512 GB of flash storage, dual graphics processors — a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an “integrated” Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares system memory, as well as an integrated 720p FaceTime HD webcam. It does not have an internal optical drive.
- Connectivity includes 3-stream AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, two USB 3.0 ports, two “Thunderbolt” ports, an HDMI port, an audio in/out port, and an SDXC card slot. It does not have Gigabit Ethernet or Firewire “800,” although adapters are available at extra cost.
- In addition, this model has a backlit keyboard, a “no button” glass “inertial” multi-touch trackpad, a “MagSafe 2” power adapter, and an internal, sealed battery that provides an Apple estimated 7 hours of battery life.
Our Conditions Note:
Pristine: Will show no, very little or minor signs of wear. Item has been fully tested, restored to factory setting and in full working order.
Very Good: Will show moderate signs of wear and tear, the item has been fully tested, restored to factory settings and is in excellent working order.
Good: Will show signs of heavy wear but has been fully tested and in full working order.This does not affect functionality of the item.