Apple Infrared Remote – A1156
$ 10.00In Stock
The Apple Remote’s original function was to enable navigation in Front Row, which allows users to browse and play music, view videos (DVDs and downloaded files) and browse photos. Although Front Row was removed from OS X 10.7 and later, some Apple software still works with the remote. It can still be used to control presentations in Apple Keynote (on both Intel Macs & PowerPC Macs), picture slide shows in iPhoto and Aperture, DVD films via DVD Player, and to play video and audio in iTunes and QuickTime. Other software that is still compatible includes Elgato’s EyeTV 3.5, and VLC media player. The remote can also be used to run presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 or in OpenOffice.org Impress.
Apple Infrared Remote – A1156:
If you connect your iPod to a home stereo, powered speakers or TV set, the Apple Remote lets you experience your songs, slideshows and more from across the room. Just plug your iPod into the Universal Dock and choose a playlist, slideshow or video. Then, sit back, relax and enjoy. Ready to move on to the next song? No need to get up from your sofa – just press the forward button on the Apple Remote. Phone ringing? Just click pause, then pick up where you left off. The Apple Remote offers play/pause, volume control, and forward/back buttons.
- Control your iPod from a distance – Play, pause, control volume and skip back and forth between songs from across the room
- Control your iMac G5 – Command your music, photos, videos and DVDs from anywhere in the room
- Requires the iPod Universal Dock and any iPod with a Dock connector
Type: Remote Control
Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.8 x 0.9 inches
Item Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Remote control for iPod or Apple desktop/notebook PCs
- Plug your iPod into the Universal Dock and choose a playlist, slideshow or video
- Combines with Front Row to make accessing your digital media library a snap
- Offers play/pause, volume control and forward/back buttons